American-Made Recycled Apparel for Men and Boys
Dirtball's selection of recycled content clothing is sustainable. Each of our American-made apparel products are created utilizing only recycled materials and by producing our products in the United States we employ American workers while reducing carbon emissions by lowering our shipping distances. View our entire selection of recycled cotton / polyester U.S. made gear, including T-shirts, polos, shorts, hats, hooded sweatshirts and socks in our online 2013 catalog........
Comfortable, durably light, and knitted from the finest 18/1 and 20/1 recycled cotton and recycled polyester, our T-shirts are the bomb!!! Each T contains 7 16oz. water bottles.We also carry a long-sleeve shirt—check it!
New for 2013—Dirtball's new Polo! 9 bottle's per shirt. Available in Carbon or Navy. Eco friendly fashion!
You'll flip your lid for our head gear knitted or woven with as much recycled polyester and cotton content we can get in them. Each of our Polartec 200g micro fleece beanies are made from 4 16oz water bottles.
Dirtball now adds “eco friendly” to fleece's long list of attributes with our eco-friendly swag. Hoodies are our standard 65% recycled cotton and 35% recycled polyester or 100% recycled polyester. Each one contains between 15 and 45 recycled water bottles. Visit our 2011 cats to check out our offering and become a dealer.
Repay every perfect set Mother Nature has ever served up by going Eco. Our eco friendly board and skate shorts continue our "poly theme" with several styles and weights from mountain biking to skating to surfing we got that ass covered. Oh and did we mention they are recyclable? Tear 'em up, send 'em back and you'll get 25% off your next pair!
Our mid-calf, eco friendly socks feature a vented top, arch support, seamless toe for comfort, cushioned heal and toe for better shock aborbancy and double welt top for better stay up power. You gotta try these!
Like what ya read?
Sustainable Facts on Dirtball's 100% Eco Friendly Recycled Material
- Each Dirtball T-shirt contains 7 16oz. water bottles.
- Dirtball’s current short "The Dirt Short" - is made out of 25 16oz. bottles, which have been re-purposed to create a high-quality polyester fabric. The shorts are not only recycled, but recyclable. Once a pair is worn out it can be returned to Dirtball Fashion where it gets sent back to their North Carolina headquarters to be re-spun back into polyester fiber. To thank the customer for their environmental friendliness, the customer will receive 20% off a future on-line purchase!
- All shirts printed with water-based or thialate-free ink.
- For every 100K tees we make we save approx 916K gallons of fresh water.
- 2 million plastic bottles are used in the U.S. every 10 minutes.
- 1 billion plastic bottles go into U.S. landfills every year.
- 3 billion plastic bottles recycled is the equivalent of saving over half a million barrels of oil and eliminating 400,000 tons of harmful air emissions which contribute to acid rain, global warming and smog.
- Recycling pre-consumer cotton helps to keep 5 billion pounds of waste from going into U.S. landfills.
- By buying fabric made with recycled cotton, you are helping to reduce the effects of insecticides and other chemicals have on our soil, air and water tables.
- It takes 1/3 lb of agricultural chemicals to produce 1 cotton t-shirt.
- Cotton uses 25% of the world’s insecticides, even though it is grown on 2.4% of the world’s land. Cotton consumes 60% of the insecticides applied in the U.S.
- Cotton requires 22,000 liters of water to produce 1 kilogram of cotton lint making it the most fresh water intensive crop in the world.
- Recycled cotton doesn’t take the manual labor or land use that is required for conventionally grown cotton. It takes twice as much land usage to produce the same amount of organic cotton as conventionally grown cotton.
- The majority of the organic cotton is produced in Asia or India and shipped to the U.S. offsetting any environmental benefits due to the transportation resulting carbon footprint.